Benjamin Y. Torrence
After enduring four Boston winters and five years of Los Angeles traffic, Ben Torrence returned home to San Diego to join Brierton, Jones & Jones, LLP. Prior to attending law school, Ben earned his master’s degree in quantitative economics at San Diego State University and worked with the San Diego City Council developing financially viable environmental policies. During law school, Ben served in Judge Gonzalo P. Curiel’s inaugural class of judicial externs at the US District Court, Southern District of California.
Areas of Practice
Ben’s practice primarily involves assisting trustees and personal representatives with trust and probate administration, representing parties in trust and estate litigation, and helping guide the administration of conservatorships and special needs trusts.
- State Bar of California, 2015
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Fundraising Chair — Asian and Pacific Islander Law Students Association (APILSA)
- Appointee — Library and Technology Student-Faculty Committee
- Mentor — UCLA Law Fellows Program
- San Diego State University, M.A. Economics, 2012
- Tufts University, B.A., 2007
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego
- State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section