Mr. Jander works primarily in the initiation and management of complex estate and trusts disputes including litigation centered on incapacity, undue influence and elder abuse under the California Welfare and Institutions and Probate Codes. This work includes Appeals Court litigation. His practice also involves assisting clients with Trust / Estate Planning, Probate Litigation, Business Entity Planning and Formation, and Tax Problem Resolution. Additionally, he represent clients in post death administration, Probate, Guardianship, and Conservatorship matters as well as serving as a private mediator / Pro Tem Judge in resolving Probate Court disputes.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Jander’s primary practices involves client representation in the San Diego Superior Court and the California Court of Appeals in the following matters:
- Litigation of complex Trust and Probate disputes;
- Representation of Trust and Estate creditors;
- Prosecution of financial elder abuse; and Trust, Probate, Conservatorship and Guardianship Administration.
Mr. Jander also provides the following services:
- Mediation of complex Trust, Probate, Conservatorship and Guardianship disputes.
- Assists clients in developing and executing
- Estate Plans,
- Business Continuation Plans,
- Funding Strategies, and
- Post Death Administration for both individuals and businesses.
- Representation and consulting with Private Professional Fiduciaries, Trust Officers, CPAs, and Financial Planners providing estate, business, and tax planning advice to their agents and clients.
- Preparation of California and U.S. Fiduciary and Estate Tax Returns.
Mr. Jander has been appointed by the San Diego Superior Court in the following legal areas:
- Appointed as Pro Tem Settlement Judge in the Probate Division.
- Appointed as Court Appointed Counsel and Guardian ad Litem.
Mr. Jander is Admitted to practice before the following Courts:
- California Bar in June 1998, [Bar number 195229];
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California in 1998; and
- U.S. Tax Court in 1998
Mr. Jander graduated from the following educational institutions:
- California Western School of Law with a Juris Doctorate [top 25%]
- Campbell University with a Bachelors of Arts in History [Magnum Cum Laude]
Mr. Jander is an active member of the following legal organizations:
- State Bar of California (Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section);
- San Diego County Bar Association (Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, Co-Chairperson, 2007-2008; Probate Bench-Bar Committee, Chairperson, 2009);
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego (Founding and current President 2012 to present).
Mr. Jander is a volunteer and member of the following community organizations:
- Pi Gamma Mu National Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Delta
- NFLPA Retired
- Kiwanis International
- Grantville Stakeholder Community Planning Group
- San Carlos Library Community Planning Group Key Leader
Awards and Honors
Mr. Jander has received the following honors & awards:
- AV Rated Preeminent Attorney, Martindale Hubble: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Top Lawyers of San Diego, San Diego Magazine: 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- San Diego Court Service Award, San Diego Superior Court, Probate Division: February 2013
- Distinguished Governor, Kiwanis International 2013
- Top Ten Probate Attorney San Diego, San Diego Daily Transcript: July 2012
- American Jurisprudence Award, Income Tax, Spring 1997
- Dean’s Honor Roll, Spring 1997
- Academic Achievement Award, Internship Seminar, Fall 1997
- Conrad Gass Distinguished Student of History Award, 1991
- Presidential Scholars Society, 1989, 1990, and 1991