Areas of Practice
Mr. Jander’s primary practices involves client representation in the San Diego Superior Court and the California Court of Appeals in the following matters:
- Litigation of complex Trust and Probate disputes;
- Representation of Trust and Estate creditors;
- Prosecution of financial elder abuse; and Trust, Probate, Conservatorship and Guardianship Administration.
Mr. Jander also provides the following services:
- Mediation of complex Trust, Probate, Conservatorship and Guardianship disputes.
- Assists clients in developing and executing
- Estate Plans,
- Business Continuation Plans,
- Funding Strategies, and
- Post Death Administration for both individuals and businesses.
- Representation and consulting with Private Professional Fiduciaries, Trust Officers, CPAs, and Financial Planners providing estate, business, and tax planning advice to their agents and clients.
- Preparation of California and U.S. Fiduciary and Estate Tax Returns.
Mr. Jander has been appointed by the San Diego Superior Court in the following legal areas:
- Appointed as Pro Tem Settlement Judge in the Probate Division.
- Appointed as Court Appointed Counsel and Guardian ad Litem.
- California Bar in June 1998, [Bar number 195229];
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California in 1998; and
- U.S. Tax Court in 1998
- California Western School of Law with a Juris Doctorate [top 25%]
- Campbell University with a Bachelors of Arts in History [Magnum Cum Laude]
- State Bar of California (Member, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section);
- San Diego County Bar Association (Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, Co-Chairperson, 2007-2008; Probate Bench-Bar Committee, Chairperson, 2009);
- Probate Attorneys of San Diego (Founding and current President 2012 to present).
Mr. Jander is a volunteer and member of the following community organizations:
- Pi Gamma Mu National Honor Society
- Phi Alpha Delta
- NFLPA Retired
- Kiwanis International
- Grantville Stakeholder Community Planning Group
- San Carlos Library Community Planning Group Key Leader
Awards and Honors
- AV Rated Preeminent Attorney, Martindale Hubble: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Top Lawyers of San Diego, San Diego Magazine: 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- San Diego Court Service Award, San Diego Superior Court, Probate Division: February 2013
- Distinguished Governor, Kiwanis International 2013
- Top Ten Probate Attorney San Diego, San Diego Daily Transcript: July 2012
- American Jurisprudence Award, Income Tax, Spring 1997
- Dean’s Honor Roll, Spring 1997
- Academic Achievement Award, Internship Seminar, Fall 1997
- Conrad Gass Distinguished Student of History Award, 1991
- Presidential Scholars Society, 1989, 1990, and 1991